Before taking the ARCHED@HOME test
A week before the test, you receive an e-mail containing:
- general instructions on how the test will be carried out
- a link to a form where you have to upload their valid ID document, which will be the same document required on the day of the test.
Before taking the ARCHED TEST@HOME please make sure:
- you have checked the starting time of the ARCHED@HOME test
- you have carried out the simulations in the “Practice area“ on the same computer you will use on the day as a technical test to check if devices (computer and Internet connection) work properly;
- you have set up the room and have all the devices as required in “The ARCHED TEST @HOME room configuration, testing and network requirements”;
On you PC please make sure:
- antivirus and automatic system updates on your computer are disactivated and all applications are closed;
- You are using one of these browsers:Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge,Mozilla Firefox. (You can’t use Internet Explorer or Safari)
- If you are using Google Chrome, the function “Traslation” is disabled: from the menu Settings>Advanced> Languages>Offer to translate pages that aren’t in the language you read.
How to start the ARCHED TEST @HOME
For starting the ARCHED TEST@HOME:
- go to Student Area;
enter the username and password received by e-mail on the day of the test at the starting time of ARCHED TEST@HOME,
- when the QR code appears, capture it with the camera of your mobile device and access the ZOOM virtual test room. If the QR code reading is not successfull, enter the virtual test room using the link you received by e-mail. You can also refer to the guide “How to use Zoom”
- Finally, the control code (codice di controllo) appears on the computer screen: show it to the Test Room Supervisor when required.
Entering the virtual test room
For entering the virtual test room, you need to read the QR code displayed on the screen using the mobile device equipped with Zoom app and a QR code reader.Alternatively, you can use the link sent by email: open your mail directly from the mobile device and activate the link from there
A maximum of 25 – 30 candidates can be present in the virtual test room. The session will be recorded.
During the test, the Test Room Commission, (composed of one or more supervisors or, if necessary, by the CISIA staff) manage and control the test. All the candidate’s microphone can be switched on or off only by the Test Room Commission.
Please wait for the test room commission to call you.
Follow the Commission’s instructions and with your mobile device:
- Show your face
- Show that the clothing you are wearing cannot hide objects
- Show the desk where you can have only blank sheets of paper, a pen and the PC on which you will take the test
- Show the room in which you will take the test: it should be a quiet environment, with no other people and properly lit; the door to the room must be shut
- Show the verification code that appears on your PC
- Wait for the message “User identified” to appear: this means that the identification has been successful and you can take the ARCHED@HOME test
- Following the instructions of the test room commission, place your mobile device on the support behind you, at a 45° angle to the desk
- Wait until the identification process has been completed
- Carefully, listen and read the instructions on how to use the client (program) on which the test is carried out;
- Wait for the commission to start the ARCHED TEST .
Once the identification phase has been completed, the Test Room Commission will start the ARCHED test.
The ARCHED TEST will be finished once you click on the “Complete” button.
During the ARCHED TEST @HOME
Should you encounter any kind of problems, need assistance or have doubts, you can communicate with the Commission by clicking on the “Raise hand” button: a request for help will be sent to the Commission who may communicate with you by directly opening a chat.
Click on the “Raise hand” button if you need to talk to a supervisor.
Opening the chat will temporarily interrupt the ARCHED@HOME test. The conversation in chat will be recorded and it will be only way to communicate to the Commission during the test.
At any time, the Commission may requests candidates to do a full check of video and audio in the room, interrupting the test for the necessary time.
As a student with a special need or with any kind of sability, you may have been recognised by university the right to use a no-scientific calculator, which can be directly used from the client of the ARCHED@HOME test
Once you finish the test, click on the button your final total score and the scores for each section will be displayed on the screen.You can leave the virtual room from ZOOM, clicking on the button “Leave”
You must take the ARCHED TEST@HOME completely in silence, respecting the other candidates. You need to keep silent even when you leave the virtual room (without greeting in order not to disturb who is still taking the test).
In case of doubts, once you’ve finished, you can communicate with the Commission using the ZOOM chat.
On the test day, you are required to respect the rules in particulary, for the whole period of the test:
- You can’t use headsets, earphones, Google Glass, microphones, speakers;
- You can’t open and use any application on your computer except for the CISIA client (program);
- You must remain silent and keep your mobile device camera and microphone always turned on;
The Virtual Test Room Commission will ensure the compliance of the rules, before and during the test, also randomly. In the event of irregularities, test could be invalidated.
After the ARCHED TEST @HOME
At the end of the ARCHED test you will be able to view your total score, splitted for each section.
In the time between the end of the test and the publication of the rankings, the universities can access the recordings of the session verify the correct execution of the tests, as well as take into consideration the reports of any anomalous behavior in the use of applications by CISIA.
The rankings will be published on the websites of the universities.